A roadside emergency can happen at any time, whether your RV is new or old. If you are traveling, using the following guidelines can help get you back on the road faster.
- To find the nearest authorized repair center, use the Dealer Locator on our website www.granddesignrv.com
- If there is not an authorized dealer near your location, try the following to find a reapir facility:
- Ask the campground staff for referrals.
- Check the local telephone yellow pages.
- Contact your dealer, or
- Grand Design RV Customer Support.
- When you find an authorized dealer or repair facility:
- Call the RV repair facility to discuss your situation and make an appointment. Ask how their billing will be handled. They may choose to bill Grand Design RV directly; otherwise, you are expected to pay them.
- Have the RV repair facility inspect your RV. Either they or you must call Grand Design RV Customer Support to discuss applicable warranty coverage prior to any repair work being performed.
- Grand Design RV Customer Support will issue an authorization number upon warranty repair approval and advise if any original parts must be returned.
- Only after the authorization number has been issued, may the repair center begin work on your RV.
- For reimbursement, either you or the RV repair facility must send a copy of your itemized repair bill and all requested return parts by UPS (regular ground, freight pre-paid) to Grand Design RV within 60-days of the completed repair date. To expedite processing your warranty claim, include your name, address, phone number, RV 17-digit VIN and authorization number. If returning parts, include a copy of your freight bill. f. Inspect the completed repair work thoroughly. If you are not satisfied, communicate that to the RV repair facility management. Make sure you are satisfied with the repair before you pay or leave the premises.
Obtaining emergency repair assistance on a weekend or after business hours
If an authorized Grand Design RV dealer is not located nearby, contact your selling dealer for assistance. If your dealer is closed, check with the campground staff or telephone yellow pages for an RV repair facility. Have the item repaired and contact Grand Design RV Customer Support immediately the following business day.