For anyone that loves a fat plate of nachos, the experience gets kicked up a notch when you’re eating this favorite dish by a fire (watch out for the birds, as they’re likely eyeing your nachos, too). These nachos are one of the easiest campfire foil recipes to make and even easier to eat.
- Tortilla chips
- ½ lb ground beef
- A packet of taco seasoning
- 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4.5-oz. can green chiles
- 14-oz. can black beans
- ½ diced onion
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Cilantro for garnish
- Brown beef in a skillet with taco seasoning. When almost brown, add diced tomatoes and green chiles.
- Create rectangles with your foil and add a layer of chips to each.
- Top chips with the beef mixture, divided among the foil packets.
- Loosely add a top foil layer with a few holes to allow steam to release.
- Place a few inches above coals and cook for 12-15 minutes.