Of course, cooking fresh campfire trout depends solely on where you’re camping. If you’re camping near a river or lake, then this is one of the best campfire foil recipes in the book. I’m convinced there’s nothing better than cooking a just-caught trout.
- 4 fresh-caught trout, cleaned
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray four pieces of tin foil with oil, and place one trout on each.
- Season with salt and pepper; add 1 Tbsp butter, garlic, and green pepper to the cavity of each trout.
- Tightly wrap each trout in tin foil. Place directly on, and under, hot coals.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until the flesh is thoroughly cooked and tender.