While most of the prep for this one happens pre-camping, the pure bliss of eating creamy, cheesy, fireside mac & cheese is well worth the minor pre-trip headache. Plus, it opens up more time to spend on the lake or trail instead of prepping and cooking meals.
- 1.5 cups elbow macaroni
- 8 oz. Alfredo sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup half & half or whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mini aluminum pie tins
- Cook macaroni according to package.
- Drain pasta. Add cheeses, milk, and Alfredo sauce, stirring until cheese is melted
- Spray each pie tin with non-stick oil.
- Divide the mac & cheese between the pie tins and cover with aluminum. Keep chilled until ready to cook.
- Place on a rack 2-3 inches above the coals and cook for 8-10 minutes.